Phuket is a beautiful island surrounding by tons of smaller islands perfect for Phuket Day Trips. Although Phuket can become an overwhelming area filled with tourists, partying, drinking and so much more. Traveling around Phuket is more than just the island itself but more importantly about exploring the surrounding islands and island hopping around the area. Day Trips in Phuket are a perfect way to spice up your vacation or holiday. If you are planning a trip to Phuket, this will be your perfect guide. If you are looking for a comprehensive guide to Thailand, check out The Perfect Thailand 10-Day Itinerary.
Phuket Day Trips
Tips for Planning your Perfect Phuket Day Trip
The best thing about Phuket is being able to travel for affordable prices to any nearby island by boat. Prior to booking your tickets for a day trip traveling to the islands surrounding Phuket, check out my tips below.
- When it comes to purchasing tickets for your day trips, I highly suggest you wait until you get there. You can purchase your tickets for the day trips for a bargain and be able to barter down prices as needed. If you plan to barter, be sure to have cash on hand. Most places do not accept card and cash is the best way to make a deal. Although, if you want to secure a spot and worried about spots not being available especially during the tourist season, feel free to book online. Most prices in person though are about half the cost of what you see online.
- I highly recommend you bring some anti-nausea pills if you have a tendency to get motion sickness. Some of the speedboats can make you feel nauseous when they cut through the waves.
- Wear your swimsuit under your dress or as clothes since many of the stops may be short,
- Bring a Backpack for all of your belongings include sunblock, a towel, and toilet paper since they will not typically be available on the speedboat. I also suggest you pack your own water bottle if you need or like to drink more water than most.
- Pack snacks. If you get hungry, snacks are not readily available although most tours provide lunch. In case you have issues with the food provided, at least you have some on hand.
If you are looking for things to do in Phuket other than Day Trips in Phuket, check out my post on the Top 10 Things to do in Phuket. Here are some of my favorite Phuket Day Trips.
Phi Phi Island is the perfect place for your first time in Phuket. There are tons of boats that go out daily to visit these beautiful islands and lagoons. Some of the most beautiful islands lie in Ko Phi Phi which is why it is a highly coveted area to visit. It can be a crowded trip to take with so many people taking the same routes, but there are beautiful lagoons that you can jump straight into the ocean from the boat and enjoy swimming. Despite the high amount of tourists, it was one of my favorite trips.
Phang Nga Bay is the most popular out of all Phuket Day Trips
Phang Nga Bay is a beautiful area and usually, a tour that consists of visit James Bond Island which is a famous island that has been all around social media and event manipulated in photoshop to have a castle on it (which it doesn’t). James Island is the perfect place to get souvenirs since there are so many stands on the island, but depending on your tour, you may not have time to shop. The best part of this trip is also being able to kayak in Phang Nga Bay through some very impressive caves and areas making this trip quite adventurous. Don’t worry, if you can’t kayak, there is plenty of help from your tour guides.
These islands are an impressive view to see and less known compared to Phi Phi Island. The waters are clear with beautiful gorgeous blue waters. This place is less likely to be visited which makes it perfect Phuket Day Trip to get away from the crowds. There are plenty of areas to drive around if you love to scuba dive or snorkel with gorgeous views in and out of the water.
Railay Beach in Krabi
If you are trying to escape from the crowds, Railay Beach is the perfect location for you. Now you can’t completely escape tourists, but you will get less of that around here. Railay Beach is perfect for a relaxing day. However, the trip to Railay Beach can be a bit time-consuming. It can take about 2 hours of travel time by boat depending on your location. While visiting Railey Beach, the Solivagant Soul recommends visiting the Phallic Cave. The Phallic Cave is a cave filled with penises carved with wood which makes it an interesting place to check out during your Phuket day trips.
Khao Sok National Park
This national park is a popular park with wildlife in their natural habitats. If you love nature and love being in nature this is a trip worth looking into. This is a National Park that is readily accessible and filled with luscious greenery. If you are interested in seeing Elephants in an eco-friendly and safe environment, check out the Elephant Sanctuary during your Phuket Day Trip.
Racha Island is another great place for snorkeling and scuba diving making it a perfect location for your Phuket day trips. There are plenty of areas to explore and a ton of luxury areas to stay in, including several bungalows on the water.
Like Racha Islands, Surin Islands is perfect for snorkeling and scuba diving as well, although unfortunately, 90% of their coral has died. Some of the amazing wildlife you can see include whale sharks and manta rays. There are plenty of areas to go hiking as well. Additionally, this island contains another famous National Park in Thailand called Mu Koh Surin National Park.
Which Phuket Day Trip have you been on or which Day Trip do you want to add to your list? Leave your comment below! Liked this post, please pin, tweet or share!