I am proud to say that Adventures with NieNie has won the Liebster Award! Can you believe it? Adventures with NieNie is now is award winning blog and I am so excited to share this with my readers. I want to thank Chiara from Adventure Found Me for nominating my blog for this award!
My goal this year was to bring more attention to my blog and focus on reaching out to other travel bloggers like myself to make connections and share the knowledge I have. I couldn’t be more happy about the results I have had this year so far.
So, what is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an online award given to new bloggers by other bloggers. “Liebster” is a German word that means “the dearest”. The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to recognize fellow bloggers for their work and excellence. The nominees/award winners should then pay it forward by nominating/awarding other bloggers they admire and follow.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award.
- Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it.
Here are my answers to Chiara’s questions:
Describe yourself in 4 words?
Adventurous, Confident, Kind and Beautiful
How did you choose your blog’s name?
Well I have had my nickname NieNie since I was about 10 years old. My best friend at the time had a foster brother who wasn’t able to pronounce my full name Stephanie so he would always remember the last part and repeat it. The nickname has stuck with me for all these years. Since I started this blog, I wanted this to kind of be a diary series for myself, it was kind of something that could be helpful to readers but also help me rediscover and reflect on my past travels so I found that Adventures with NieNie was the perfect title and I couldn’t be more happy.
Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
Tough question, although my boyfriend would love for me to say the mountains (he’s an avid snowboarder) I would have to say the beach. It is the first place I would choose to go to when I am sad, happy or whatever mood I may be in. Thankfully I am from California and only about an hour and a half away from both.
Where and when was your first international destination?
My first international destination was when I was an infant and it was to South Korea. Being that I am a military brat, my mom’s family all live and work in Korea, so all of my holiday vacations were usually spent traveling to Korea. I have been to Korea 13+ times.
Which country has surprised you in a positive way and why?
Italy. I mean come on it is Italy right? But I never would have thought that Southern Italy was nearly as beautiful as the pictures I have seen. It was seriously the most surreal and almost out of body experience. It was absolutely breathtaking and I couldn’t get enough of all the delicious foods!
When and where do you blog?
Varies. Usually when I have time to. I try to write my posts at a local coffee shop on Saturdays, I can’t ever get anything done at home. I have wrote some posts in the Philippines but honestly the internet is terrible there so posting can be a pain.
What’s your favourite blog and why?
My favorite blog right now is probably The Blonde Abroad, I an a visual person and she always had great photos and graphics on her website which I enjoy scrolling through. I aspire to be like her.
If you had the opportunity to travel with a famous person, who would it be and why?
I wouldn’t choose a famous person to travel with, but I would love to have had another opportunity to travel with my mother if possible. Our goal when I graduated high school was for us to take a family trip to Europe, but unfortunately, my mother was sick with ovarian cancer and passed away the year I graduated. I would have loved to travel all over Europe with her and I am sure she would have loved it as well. She’s the reason I travel. I love you mom!
Which is your favourite post (written by you of course)?
My favorite post is probably a post that reflects my personal struggles as a person. The post is titled “Wanderlust and Depression” which you can find here. I think most people can relate to this feeling but with all the negative things that have happened in my life, traveling has always provided me a fresh new feeling and a breath of fresh air. It has been what keeps me going on in life along with spending time with family and friends.
What are your travel and blogging goals for 2017?
My travel goals for 2017 are easy, I am going to go to San Diego for work and leisure in April, go on a Cruise to the Bahamas end of April/Beginning May, Spain in August and the Philippines for Christmas/New Years.
My blogging goals however, may be harder for me to accomplish but I will do my best this year. My main goal is to bring my readers to my blog, which has been pretty successful this year so far.
Other goals are:
- To focus on blogging more frequently
- Taking better quality photos, I hope to purchase a new camera which will be lighter than my DSLR to take on my trips.
- Better edited photos
Now, it’s time to announce the new Liebster Award Winners:
HeadUpGorgeous: This blog is a motivational lifestyle related blog to encourage women to love themselves & never give up. This blogger loves sharing healthy food recipes, beauty & fashion tips, fitness routines and more.
Here are my hand-picked questions for my nominees:
- What was the most difficult situation you have had to overcome?
- What’s your favorite blog and why?
- If you had the money to live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Where did you travel to last? and what did you love about that destination?
- Which item can you not see yourself without on your travels?
- Which is your favorite post (written by you of course, please provide a link)?
- What is the most difficult thing you have found when blogging?
- Is there something you find very scary / exciting, yet ever want to do?
- What’s the craziest thing you have done?
- Bonus: Who or what inspired you to travel?
Congratulation to my nominees! Please send me a link to your posts so I can read all your answers!